Develop POC of
AMAGENTS-1384 into releasable code. This will simplify the agent and make it much more robust, and since it allows web-servers to share agent resources, it would make the agent more scalable.
The agent's logging mechanism will be updated and that has been a constant problem in customer deployments. The replacements will be testable at a component level to address race conditions.
- customer doesn't need to change anything to run separate apache servers with agents and there are no extra overheads
- sharing the cache/background tasks will be optional
- customer systems will be lightweight and more robust.
- agent can optionally share memory and background tasks
- new component-level tests exists to verify the new components
- agent resources are robustly cleared up when there are no containers using them
- agents sharing resources in different servers will be testable concurrently