Affects Version/s: 6.0.0
Environment:ForgeRock Access Management 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT Build f219ef7d5b (2018-April-13 02:16)
Amster OpenAM Shell (5.5.0 build 95de0e129b, JVM: 1.8.0_121)
Upgrade fails 5.5.x --> 6.x
Upgrade fails 6.0.0 --> 126.96.36.199
Upgrade fails 6.0.0 --> 6.0.1
The cause of the failure is that the property "com.iplanet.am.version" is added to the server config (it should only be part of the server defaults) when we import an amster config.
That cause the installer to think that the server is not upgraded, even after running the upgrade process, making it impossible to upgrade unless this property is manually deleted from ldap (see screenshots)
- Install AM 5.5.x or newer. Let's use 5.5.1 for this example.
- Export the config using Amster.
- Install a fresh AM (same version as before, 5.5.1)
- Import the config with amster.
- Upgrade to a newer AM, for example AM 6.0.0.
- Upgrade succeeds
- Restart of AM is required to complete the upgrade
- The configurator returns to the upgrade screen in a loop