Affects Version/s: 6.5.0, 220.127.116.11, 6.5.1, 18.104.22.168, 6.5.2
Environment:Oracle JDK 1.8.0_201-b09
User identity subjects can not be added via AM console.
- Setup DS 6.0.0 instance to be used as AM's external configuration data store and identity store.
- Add default 'people' container used by AM
- Configure AM 6.5.0 using amster, specifying external configuration data store and identity store
- After installation log into AM console
- Try to create an user identity subject
1) Apply manual schema extensions needed for AM, or
2) Ensure that the userStoreType param is included when running the install-openam amster command (as this will then result in the schema loading being performed).
It's not noted in the release notes that the functionality was removed.
AM does perform schema extensions for the external configuration data store ... this is inconsistent behavior. Either no configuration change is performed at all to any Directory Server and it's the duty of the Directory Server administrator to perform the action or AM does it.
AM can not rely on DS profiles are being used , even if FR DS is used as identity repository.