If you're using FBC for your configuration, AM gives errors when you try and create a datastore for which the DS being used has not been used for config previously. The configuration is created despite the errors, and then more errors are seen if you try and configure that datastore for the realm's policies and applications.
- Install AM with FBC flag set, without external DS
- Restart AM so that embedded DS instance is not present
- Set up external DS instance
- Attempt to configure an external datastore in the AM global services configuration
- Attempt to configure the added external datastore for the root realm's policies and applications