The following message will be displayed when completing the forgot username flow with both Email username and Show Username not enabled (which is a misconfiguration anyway - as the username cannot be revealed to the user in this scenario...Perhaps the real question in this Jira should be, should we even allow this set up?)
- Deploy AM 6.5.2 and login as amAdmin
- Add and Configure a "User Self Service" service against the top realm using default configuration values.
- From the Forgotten Username tab ensure that "Email Username" and "Show Username" are disabled.
- Create a test user (via Identities > Add Identity)which you can then use to test the forgot username flow.
- Logout as amAdmin
- From the login screen click the "Forgot Username?" link (don't forget to clear your browser cache if this link doesn't appear)
- Enter the details of the identity you just created.
- View the output message on the following screen.
It looks as though an entry is missing from the translation.json file for the forgotUsername string entries. One was added as part of the changes for OPENAM-7584 so possible it was just fixed as well as part of that as a side issue https://stash.forgerock.org/projects/OPENAM/repos/openam/commits/5b7e464b03da1828728af970637519f52bb39b02#openam-ui/openam-ui-ria/src/resources/locales/en/translation.json but this has not been backported to 6.5.2.x branches due to the changes drastically changing existing behaviour.