Performing an upgrade from 6.5.2 to 7.2.0 snapshot results in
ERROR: An error occurred while initializing upgrade steps
- Deployed two instances of AM, http://idp.amtest2.com:9080/access and http://sp.amtest2.com:7080/access. Both have embedded config and user stores, port ranges for idp are 59xxx and for sp 57xxx.
- On IdP, top level realm, created hosted Identity Provider, left signing cert empty, specified new COT of test_idp and mail -> mail for attribute mapping.
- On SP, top level realm, created hosted SP, new COT of test_sp.
- Using exportmetadata url for SP, created remote SP in IdP, specified the same attribute mapping as for the IdP, adding the entity to the same COT
- Using exportmetadata url for IdP, created remote IdP in SP, adding the entry to the same COT.
- For demo user on both IdP and SP, added email address of email@example.com.
- Using http://sp.amtest2.com:7080/access/saml2/jsp/spSSOInit.jsp?idpEntityID=http://idp.amtest2.com:9080/access&metaAlias=/sp, login as demo on both IdP and SP and verify that single sign on completes successfully.
- Stop both IdP and SP and replace war with 7.2.0 snapshot war.
- Restart both IdP and SP and attempt to navigate to the the url of each.
The upgrade page will be displayed and the link to upgrade to 7.2.0-snapshot will be enabled.
The upgrade page is displayed but the upgrade link remains greyed out.
In the amUpgrade logs, the following is reported: