- Administrator creates an instance of the Push Notification Service
- Administrator creates an instance of the ForgeRock Authenticator (Push) module in the top-level realm and a ForgeRock Authenticator (Push) Registration module in the top-level realm,
- Administrator configures a registration chain on the top-level domain, including a DataStore module passing to the ForgeRock Authenticator (Push) Registration module,
- Administrator configures an authorisation chain on the top-level domain containing the ForgeRock Authenticator (Push) module
- Administrator goes to the push notification service and changes one of the configurations to be incorrect. Either:
- Access ID key
- Secret Access Key
- The SNS endpoint for the device being used in the test (APNS for iphone)
Using the mobile device register with the authentication module as a demo user using the registration chain
- Use the mobile device to authenticate with the auth chain
Authentication should fail
- In the Debug logs there should be some indication of a failure to talk to sns.
Failure to communicate to the SNS during Authentication results in an error Entry in the Debug logs indicating that the SNS could not be contacted.
ERROR level logs are shown to indicate a failure to communicate with the SNS however they are logged under the Core System log file, not under the Push Log file.