Make sure lb.example.com and a server URL are resolved correctly as usual
- Install a totally default OpenAM 13.5, no site etc
- Now add a site with http://lb.example.com/openam site URL
- Add the server to the site
- Log out, and now log back into AM via the lb.example.com URL
- Choose Configure -> Server Defaults -> Advanced
- Add/edit a valid property, or don't even add/edit anything at all, and click Save
- Successful "Changes Saved" will show regardless
- Now try to 'Show All' realms from the dropdown - 'Bad Request Error', & 'FQDN 'lb.example.com' is not valid'
- A server restart is required, or the site url cannot be accessed and gets redirected back to the server URL
This problem can be intermittent, and might be easier to observe after adding a new realm (for some reason, but not always...) Log in -> Add new realm -> now go to Configure, Server Defaults ...
In the logs:
Additionally there is no mention of anthing going wrong in the logs when in ERROR mode