Initially installed OpenDJ-2.4.0 upgraded to 2.4.2.
Running on CentOS release 5.4
- Using Control-Panel to add a custom attribute as optional to a custom objectClass.
- The appropriate schema files are being updated as expected.
- However, when trying to set the new attribute for an entry with the required objectClass leads to the following error message
Result Code: 65 (Object Class Violation)
Additional Information: Entry xxx cannot not be modified because the resulting entry would have
violated the server schema: Entry xxx violates the Directory Server schema configuration because
it includes attribute testattr which is not allowed by any of the objectclasses defined in that
- The same error message is generated regardless if the entry is being updated from Control-Panel or with ldapmodify.
- Restarting the LDAP server solves the problem.
- In an environment with several "multi-masters", all masters needs to be restarted.