It would be beneficial to engage the JE Cleaner threads to remove dead data and compact overall JE backend prior to storing the data during a Backup.
- Backup files would be smaller and can be transferred over the WAN faster.
- The size of the backup would/could be near the size of an exported LDIF.
- Backup data includes indexes and can be immediately used post restore (assuming indexes are configured the same on source and target servers)
- whereas an LDIF import needs to be imported, and will rebuild all the indexes during this process.
- JE may not allow the files to reach 100% occupancy?
- Time to clean the files for compaction may vary or may not make this beneficial?