This issue can be closed once the following criteria have been met:
- the LDAP SDK uses the new RX base transport
- the Grizzly LDAP layer has been removed
- there are no significant performance regressions in basic functionality:
- searchrate for single entries
- searchrate for searches returning many entries (~1000)
- searchrate for single entries, reconnecting each time
- all of the above but over SSL.
It is reasonable to expect some regressions, say around 10%, given that Grizzly was pretty mature and optimized, whereas the new RX transport is not. The priority is to get the new IO layer in and stressed in order to iron out any bugs, etc. We can optimize incrementally afterwards.