Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 6.5.2, 6.5.1, 6.5.0, 6.0.0, 5.5.2, 5.5.1, 5.5.0, 4.0.0, 6.5.3, 7.0.0
When a "restore --dry-run " command is issued to an online server taking writes, replication is paused and the following metadata is not replicated once the restore completes and replication fires:
- Create a DS+RS topology with 2 or more replicas containing 10 million entries or more.; you need enough entries to allow the restore --dry-run to take some time while new entries are added to the same server.
- Complete a full backup of the main backend.
- Run the following online restore --dry-run command and before this completes, ADD an entry to the same server the restore is issued to.
- Check the metadata on the local and remote replicas for the entry previously added.
Masters 2 & 3
- Take a server offline to perform a restore --dry-run.
- If you must perform a restore --dry-run against an online server, then that server should not take local writes during the restore --dry-run.