It's been reported that there is some confusion around the argument --adminUID or dsrepl add-local-server-to-pre-7-0-topology where people expect to be able to use a uid, or a DN.
In reality this argument (inherited from dsreplication) expects a DN, or a value which can be used in the following DN format: "cn=%s,cn=Administrators,cn=admin data" where %s is replaced bhy the provided value.
To make it more obvious what is expected, this argument will be renamed to --bindDN.
This issue can be closed once:
- the --adminUID argument is renamed to --bindDN
- and only DNs are accepted
- the default value becomes "cn=admin,cn=Administrators,cn=admin data" which is the default replication admin user for servers before the 7.0 release.
- the --adminPassword argument is renamed to --bindPassword
- the --adminPasswordFile argument is renamed to --bindPasswordFile