Status: Dev backlog
Affects Version/s: 7.1.0
Fix Version/s: None
Selection of a replication server to connect to happens according to the following rules:
- replication server has the same group id as the local DS one
- replication server has the same generation id as the local DS one
- replication server is up to date regarding changes generated by the local DS
- replication server in the same VM as local DS one
whereas it may be wiser to
- prefer servers with the same generation ID
- of these, prefer servers which are up to date
- of these, prefer servers in my local group
- of these, prefer servers in the same VM.
(cf. this PR comment)
Note that depending on the emphasis of the criteria (broad to narrow, narrow to broad, "closer" server first, most likely server first) the final order might be different.