When used admin UI to config an AD LDAP connector, UI didn't do validation at all.
1. Create a new connector.
2. Choose connector type as Ldap and further as AD LDAP.
3. Enter details for the connector but put some wrong info, e.g. put a wrong password for the account DN or wrong path for the base Context.
4. Click on Save connector changes button.
5. Observe that UI shows the validation was successful and changes are saved(see screenshots) but expect the validation fails and UI report error.
1.Checked OpenIDM 3.1 release build and didn't see the symptom
2. tried OpenIDM 4.0.0 build with the ldap connector 18.104.22.168 from 3.1, still see the symptom.
Jake indicated the issue is not on UI and not in connector but the provisioner service between config service and connector.
The trace is attached from the 4.0.0 test.