To recreate the issue you can go through the UI or you can use the provided POSTMAN script I have provided in this ticket.
1) Start sample2b.
2) Create a Employee Role
3) Create an Assignment for that Role for the target system.
4) Add the assignment to the employee role.
5) Give a user that new role that was created.
6) Observe that DJ now reflects the changes for that assignment that was associated with that role.
7) Remove the assignment from the role. (The user should still have the role however the role should no longer have that assignment)
8) Look at DJ and see that the unassignment operation has not been sync'd out to the system.
9) Also if you take a look at the repo/managed/user/id you will see that the user still has effectiveAssignments stored for them because the delte on the managed/assignments did not trigger an update on managed/user that had the role with that assignment.