A resourceCollection on a managed user gets displayed as a text field (see attachment).
Prerequisite: new managed/company object to use as a resourceObject for a user.
- Via the admin ui: Configure > Managed Objects;
- Edit a User;
- Add a property; name it "company";
- Add a resourceCollection, "company", and specify the path "managed/company";
- Create a new user: Manage > User > Create;
- The edit field for "company" is a text box;
- Go back to Configure > Managed Objects > User;
- Move the company property higher in the list past both kbaInfo and lastSync;
- Go back to Manage > User > Create;
- Company field is now a button that you can select.