Forgotten Username and Reset Functionality requires user to perfectly match their search with the case of their userName, e.g. searching for 'BOB@BOB.COM' would not find a user whose email address was 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
1. Start OpenIDM 4.0.0/4.5.0 with Sample 1
2. Import the sample data from the XML file (curl -u openidm-admin:openidm-admin -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST "http://localhost:8080/openidm/recon?_action=recon&mapping=systemXmlfileAccounts_managedUser&waitForCompletion=true")
3. Log in to the Admin UI as openidm-admin and enable Forgotten Username/Password Reset
4. Log out, switch to Self Service UI
5. Attempt to reset password using 'scarter@EXAMPLE.COM' rather than 'email@example.com'
When using 'firstname.lastname@example.org', an error relating to external/email will be returned (as expected, this has not been configured).
When using 'scarter@EXAMPLE.COM', an 'Unable to find account' error will be returned.
According to RFC 1035, Section 3.1 (re-Domain Names):