When I create a basic route i.e. Create Route - Freeform - Basic - enter URL,
The freeform designer starts with a “Start” and “ReverseProxyHandler”, when I add another node in for example a Chain, I’m not able to direct the “Start” node to anything else, as in it’s not selectable.
The only way to achieve this is to delete the node the Start node is pointing to i.e.
1. Start --> ReverseProxyHandler
2. Add Chain
3. Point Start --> Chain (Fail)
3. Delete --> ReverseProxyHandler
4 Point Start -> Chain (Succeed)
5. Add StaticResponseHandler
6. Point Start --> StaticResponseHandler (Fail)
7. Delete Chain
8. Point Start --> StaticResponseHandler (Succeed)
This behaviour may result in you having to delete required and configured node just to redirect the existing Start to something else.
It has been pointed out that by selecting the actual line and deleting it, you can then add a new one, however this is 1. not documented and 2. different from AM Tree configurator so the difference in behaviour is confusing.