[OPENAM-7023] UMA resource XUI page does not show permissions from policy Created: 05/Oct/15  Updated: 15/Jan/16  Resolved: 15/Jan/16

Status: Resolved
Project: OpenAM
Component/s: UMA, XUI
Affects Version/s: 13.0.0
Fix Version/s: None

Type: Bug Priority: Critical
Reporter: hadi hahmadi Assignee: Unassigned
Resolution: Cannot Reproduce Votes: 0
Labels: release-notes
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified
Environment:

Ubuntu 14 64-bit, Tomcat 7, OpenAM 13.0.0 build Oct 2, 2015


Attachments: PNG File Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 6.50.58 PM.png     PNG File Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 13.52.04.png    
Target Version/s:

 Description   

Assuming the user has a resource and has shared it (say with eric@hotmail.com), when user clicks on the particular resource to see information, the user "eric@hotmail.com" is shown but nothing under permissions. See attached image.

I have checked and made sure XUI receives the resource JSON data as below (note: attr values below have been edited):

{"scopes":["x", "y", "z"],"_id":"45b1ee73-a5fe-4761-a073-ad55d67fd2b07","resourceServer":"XX","labels":[],"name":"XX","icon_uri":"[icon_uri]","policy":{"permissions":[{"subject":"eric@hotmail.com","scopes":["x","y"]}]},"resourceOwnerId":"[user_name]","type":"[type]"}


 Comments   
Comment by Andy Hall [ 12/Oct/15 ]

hadi hahmadi 7 days is a long time in the world of OpenAM
Is this still an issue?

Comment by hadi hahmadi [ 13/Oct/15 ]

I checked the last nightly build and yes, I can see the issue exists. But I can update my observation as follows:

  • The Resource UI page checks for scopes in the resource profile, sends a GET request for each scope as 'URL'.
  • Regardless of whether scope is shared:
    • For each scope URL which is not found, the UI page shows under "PERMISSIONS" the scope URL.
    • For each scope URL which is found, the UI page does not show anything under "PERMISSIONS".
Comment by Emma Rumsey [X] (Inactive) [ 15/Jan/16 ]

This has been tested in the final 13.0.0 RC, and no longer seems to be an issue. A screenshot has been attached showing the correct behaviour.

Generated at Tue Oct 27 03:00:46 UTC 2020 using Jira 7.13.12#713012-sha1:6e07c38070d5191bbf7353952ed38f111754533a.